UNEG High-level Panel Event: Evaluation Fit for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: no one left behind
19 Apr 2016
On Tuesday 26 April 2016 from 3:15 to 5:15 PM Geneva time, the United Nations Evaluation Group will organize a High-level Panel Event, titled “Evaluation Fit for the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development: no one left behind”, in the framework of the UNEG Evaluation Week.
The event will be chaired by Marco Segone, UNEG Chair and Director of Independent of Evaluation Office of UN Women. Distinguished panel members include:
- Francis Gurry, Director General, WIPO (welcome remarks)
- Guy Ryder, ILO Director-General (video message)
- Kyung-wha Kang, Assistant Secretary-General and Deputy Emergency Relief Coordinator for OCHA
- Alison Evans, Chief Commissioner, UK Independent Commission for Aid Impact
- Pradjapati Trivedi, former Secretary to the Government of India with the responsibility for Performance Management
- Ambassador Manuel Bessler, Delegate for Swiss Humanitarian Aid and Director at the Swiss Development Cooperation (SDC)
The event will examine the role of evaluation in the implementation of the new 2030 Agenda and explore how to strengthen national evaluation capacities. In light of the Humanitarian Summit in May 2016, the event will also discuss what role evaluation can play in strengthening the effectiveness and accountability of humanitarian action.
If you would like to attend this event, please register the event at: https://2016uneg-evalweek-hle.eventbrite.com by 20 April 2016.
Please follow UNEG’s twitter account @un_evaluation Hashtags #UNEGevalweek
UNEG HLE LIVE WEBCAST.